Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:42:57 PM EDT
I've been looking around on the forums and I notice alot of people using kits and building their own AKs. It sounds like purchasing a base AK model and then buying a kit are the way to go, but like i've mentioned in other threads i'm not very familiar with AKs so I have no idea where to start.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as to what kits would make the most accurate depictions of AKs in 7.62 and 5.45?

My inital thoughts were looking for an SLR-105A1 and then purchasing a kit to recreate an AK-74U, but so far i've only found ban versions of the SLR-105. In regards to the 7.62, I believe a dealer in my area has a SAM-7, and I was thinking about picking that up.

There's just so many damn choices I have no idea where to start, especially with a limited budget.  As always, I appreciate any and all info you guys can provide. Thanks.

Billy

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
THe kits are generaly used to build up a complete rifle on a new receiver.  No reason to buy a whole AK and then break it apart and then rebuild.  Sometimes people may buy an underfolder or such and add the part to their rifle.  

ETA: The "Kit"  includes everything you need to build a rifle except the receiver, and you will have to throw in a few 922 compliance parts. If you want to buy a complete rifle, or build your own, that is the question.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as to what kits would make the most accurate depictions of AKs in 7.62 and 5.45?

The kits are actual demilled military AKs so, the answer to your question would that they all are.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If that's the case I think i'll start with an SLR-105A1 and a SAM-7. I just figured the kits were to bring production weapons to a more authentic version.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top