Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:16:45 AM EDT
Looking for an AK aftermarket last round bolt hold open device for Norinco 56s and possibly 84s.  Has anyone any experience of the product here: http://www.geocities.com/akcatch/.
Are there any other products that anyone could recommend?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Krebs picked up this idea that has been floating around the web for awhile now.

Not a last shot bolt lock but works as a bolt hold open.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Krebs picked up this idea that has been floating around the web for awhile now.
Not a last shot bolt lock but works as a bolt hold open.

From what I understand, filing off the two nubs just inside of the top of the mag will allow the bolt to hold open after last shot. Then the notched lever pictured above will KEEP it open when you dump the mag.

A topic with instructions and pics was started HERE
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the feedback guys - please keep any suggestions and advice coming.  Has anyone tried the BHO device advertised at the "AKCATCH" site?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#5]
A couple of months back, I just ground down the two "bumps" on the inside of one of my mags, and notched the lever. Works beautifully.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top