Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 7:56:56 PM EDT
Does anyone have any information on an adapter that allows a .223 AK to use AR-15 mags?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it exist? Are you looking for it or wondering if one exists? That  could be pretty cool.

Tag.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I saw a post on this before. Someone said it could be done but the mags would be hacked up and unreliable. Most people recommend those waffle mags or whatever. Supposedly they do well with very few modifications.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, my friend bought a .223 AK and while I was looking at the mag compared to an AR mag it looked to me like maybe there would be a way to make an adapter block so that he could use AR mags (yes I figured it would be a long shot but I looked into it anyway).  While searching I came across posts on other boards from 2001 stating that an adapter block existed (made by HESSE - yuck!) and that it worked great with unmodified AR mags ( this was stated by someone who supposedly had one - I have no way to verify his claims).  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had seen such an adapter block.

Combat_Jack -  I think that it would be an awesome Idea too, if it is possible.  

SikMAK90 - I am going to modify some AK mags for him, but he is interested in the possibility of using his unmodified AR mags in it.  Everyone seems to remember posts about it , but very few people have seen one - I am beginning to wonder if it ever existed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I was hoping for better news - the truth hurts!  Thanks for the info guys.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top