Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:33:50 PM EDT
I just picked up a Veper in .223 and was looking to add some mags for it . The mag that came with it looked like a east German Bakelite mag with a ROBARM follower in it . I guess I would like to know where to look for some .223 mags or who has the best price on the east german's either steel or bakelite  or both ?
Thanks in advance .
Mike  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
you can order some vepr .223/5.56 mags from robarms directly. last I checked they were $24.99. I bought 6 from them about 8 months ago. it was a smooth deal. You can order throug the web or call and place the order.
good luck
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah ,
I know about robinson, but I was looking more at buying some of their followers and some cheap mags and converting my own .
Mine look like those cheap 5.45 east German mags with a robinson follower . I think they shave the top down with a dremel or something .

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I dareingly ordered some from Northridge tonite.

It's the 4 pack of E German bakelite mags in a pouch W/ a cleaning kit and strippers for $29.95 deal they've had for a while.

I'll keep everyone updated on wether or not they still have crappy customer service.

Update #1 Tue Sept 13: They e-mailed me to say that delivery will take 3 weeks.
From the PRK to Phoenix AZ.
How are they shipping it? In a hitch-hikers backpack?
At least they haven't billed my CC yet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Order my mags from them in august still havent billed my CC or anything not sure whats going on.  I'd buy the bulgy waffle .223 mags they have at K-Var they are 19.99 and they look really cool.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you order them in early or lat August?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#6]
UPDATE:

Northridge billed my card last nite,  exactly 1 week after I made the order.
Let's see how long before I get them.

Quoted:
I dareingly ordered some from Northridge tonite.

It's the 4 pack of E German bakelite mags in a pouch W/ a cleaning kit and strippers for $29.95 deal they've had for a while.

I'll keep everyone updated on wether or not they still have crappy customer service.

Update #1 Tue Sept 13: They e-mailed me to say that delivery will take 3 weeks.
From the PRK to Phoenix AZ.
How are they shipping it? In a hitch-hikers backpack?
At least they haven't billed my CC yet.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#7]
It was Aug 28 and they still haven't billed my card I'm not sure what's going on if they already billed yours before my order!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
What did you order?

They didn't e-mail me a shipping tracking # so they may have simply took my money.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#9]
The same mags you did and I've checked my checking account status via the internet everyday waiting for them to bill me but nothing yet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered mine today and they shipped out today.  What are you guys doing wrong ???

Note: ( to have your mags shipped the same day ask for UPS 2nd Day Air shipping and they will  
          crank them right out !!! )

Stay well,

AC  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know what their problem is so I'm giving them a call tomorrow.

Edit: Update I finally got them. The mags and all the extras are new as promised.

Next time i'll have them shipped priority like AC_doctor

AKSpray, Did you get yours yet?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope never got them never got billed.  I guess I'll just stay away from Northridge.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#13]
You should call them and tell them to cancel it. Otherwise you might get a surprise billing from them a few weeks from now.

I'm calling ORF tomorrow and canceling an order for some bulgy firebrick red and russian plum mags they've had "backordered" for a month.
They were nice enough to e-mail me the day after I ordered them to say they were out of stock, so I'll be nice and tell them I'm out of patience.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
The day I placed my order with Northridge, the gentleman said he was 2-3 weeks behind in filling orders.  I got my 3 mag sets TWO days later and about shit a brick when I saw how nice everthing was for $25 for 4 new in the wrap Bakelites /ammo carry pouch/lots of little accessories and do-dads. (plus another $22 for shipping, but hell, I got them)... I paid $15 each (per mag) somewhere else for some East German Bakelites and they were crap compared to the Northridge mags (crappy competitors mags are going back for a refund).
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#15]
yeah im going to have to do that.  I shouldnt have to though considering I bought then and they do the rest.  I wont order from them again.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top