Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:17:12 AM EDT
Just wondering if any of you have one of these and how you like it? I understand Chris is a good gunsmith. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:41:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:15:44 AM EDT
He recently fixed a defunct AK-74 that was originally built by Randy at Independence Arms and refinished it for me as well. Came back working like a charm and looking spotless...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:20:24 AM EDT
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:09:20 PM EDT
I am a big fan of Chris's work... I have an RPK-74 and an AK-74 that he did. They are by far my best AKs.

The things I like about them are the finish and the triggers. Chris really takes pride in his finishes and they normally are very, very good.

I have RSA triggers in mine and I still don't know which person should get more credit - Chris at AK USA or Ken at RSA. The triggers on my two AKs are as good, if not better than the KAC two-stage trigger in my AR.

Anyhow, as you can see I'm a little biased but I really like his attention to detail. Please post a description or pics of the rifle.

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:18:35 PM EDT
Chris charges a premium for his work but many people feel that he is the best AK smith out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:55:16 PM EDT
He built me an AK-74M. It's perfect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:23:09 PM EDT
His work is superb!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:51:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:26:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Templar:
Member xcibes is a buddy of mine and Chris has built a number of rifles for him and they are beyond reproach, absolutely top notch stuff.

I have three rifles built by Chris and I am so absolutely satisfied that he will soon be building a krink on an SLR105 receiver and an AK74M on another SLR105. My first rifle was a Romanian MkII converted to AK74 configuration. There are pictures of it floating around on this site. The other is an AK103 converted from a Saiga with the proper polymer side-folding stock and the third one is a Hungarian FEG converted to AKM with Russian furniture and a Rssian angled gas block. there are pictures of all of these rifles on this site. I may post some more just for the hell of it. You know what? here they are. (Yes, the lens was dirty but I have not had a chance to re-take the pics so please forgive me)

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:37:24 PM EDT
Here's more of Chris's work, enjoy...

PS: The EG AK is NOT mine....though it should be

My first AK74 built by Chris

My AK103

East German AK on an Armory USA 1.6mm receiver....Not mine...damn it!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:40:43 PM EDT
I've got 47/74 builds by

Chris at AK-USA
Krebs Custom
Ohio Rapid Fire
Josh at Newton Firearms

AK-USA 74 build is the best. Absolutely worth the investment on a quality kit / parts collection. I would not have Chris work on a Romy kit.

Josh at Newton a close second and lower priced priced. Great quality work and a great guy.

It may be a couple of hundred dollars more than an average build - but everyone should have at least one premium build to see/feel the difference.

ORF is a bit sloppy for my taste.

I have a couple of Polish kits that I'll have Josh build and a Russian AK74M polymer sidefolder on the way that I'll have Chris work on.

Advice: Bite the bullet, spend a bit more on a quality kit, parts and build (and wait longer) but then get the best quality AK you can imagine! In the long run, you'll forget the extra $200 - $250 you spent on your favorite rirle.
Top Top