Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/31/2003 6:41:40 PM EDT
What is a good scope for an AK?  Something under $100.  I don't need much magnification and I won't be shooting much over 100 yards with it.  Something fairly fast to get up and aim with.

I have a B-Square scope mount and a BSA red dot on the gun right now.  The B-Square scope mount is excellent, very solid.  But the BSA red dot is a piece of shit.  Depending on how you look through the scope you get different results each time, very unreliable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you want a POSP 4x24, Russian milspec with integral side mount, can be found for about $99.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find that scope at?  Do I have to use a side mount with it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
star, here is some more info on the PSOP 4x24 www.nightvisionweb.com/posp_4x24.htm and tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstpso.html

if you send an email or call, he can hook you up with exactly what you need.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#4]
how good is this scope?
thanks guys
john
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the russian 6X42 scope (D model) and really like it.
I get my Russian optics from freedomoptics.com.
Really fast service, and good prices.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Tonka Tuff so your AK should not beat it up, faint yellow hue to the glass but otherwise pretty crisp and the 4x24 model's field of view has been paced off to about 35'+ at 100 yds.
If you want to double the cost, weight, field of view, and get super clear glass, buy a PO 3.5x21.
If you go 6x, I suggest the 42 over the 24 for a much brighter and fuller view for little increase in weight/cost.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top