Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2004 7:25:58 PM EDT
I just finished my first AK build, a Bulgy 74, and am now planning on building a pistol before they can outlaw them again here in Illinois.  I was originally planning on a Krink but the $400 pricetag is a little bit of a put off.  So, I'm trying to get some ideas for something that would be just as cool w/o the hefty cost.  If you have one please post pics of your baby.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
no pics, but I'd say start out with an amd 65 kit, and lose the vert grip and replace it with either wood or synthetic
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just finished my first AK build, a Bulgy 74, and am now planning on building a pistol before they can outlaw them again here in Illinois.  I was originally planning on a Krink but the $400 pricetag is a little bit of a put off.  So, I'm trying to get some ideas for something that would be just as cool w/o the hefty cost.  If you have one please post pics of your baby.  Thanks.

It's not quite done (still have to do the rear trunion and I am probably going to put a slant brake on), but here is mine:

Edit: Dang, my image anti-theft system works too well. I think this will work now.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an AMD65 pistol with a converted wood forend. Its pimpin. I will post pics tmw
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are a couple of pics of a pistol I just finished.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful freaking Beautiful
is that a 7.62 or a 5.45 ?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. It's a 7.62. Built it with parts from a AMD 65 kit and a couple of krink part.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow...Awesome.   You built that from an AMD kit?  That's awesome.  You said you modified it with a Krink kit.  I don't think I have that ability.  That's a God Damn good lookin' gun.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks. It's a 7.62. Built it with parts from a AMD 65 kit and a couple of krink part.

Please tell me what you did. I love that. I want my AMD65 pistol to be shorter. Your pistol is absolutly gorgeous
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks ScoutOut
The only krink parts are the gasblock/front sight and the flash hider booster thingy. All the other parts are from the AMD kit. I moved the gas block back as far as I could and still use the standard length handguards and leaving enough room to get the handguard retainer off (just barely). I had to do some major surgery on the gas tube (thats a romainian part) to get it to fit the krink gas block. Seems the krink gas block has a smaller diameter where the tube connects. Didn't know that till I tried a standard tube on it. It was an interesting build and I am sure it will be fun to fire when I get some time off to try it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please tell me what you did. I love that. I want my AMD65 pistol to be shorter. Your pistol is absolutly gorgeous

I had to turn the barrel down to move the gas block back. It was only about .030 if I remember right. I could have made it shorter by using krink handguards (but not for 100 bucks a set ) or cutting down some wood guards but I didn't want to mutilate the nice laminated ironwood guards I set aside for this build. The barrel ended up being 10 1/4 long with out the flashhider.
You can shorten them more but requires getting creative with gas tubes, pistons and hand guards.
For the piston I took a US made stainless one and cut the head off, drilled it for the piston shaft then welded it together. It is about an inch shorter than the AMD 65 piston.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top