Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/20/2006 10:47:25 AM EDT
I saw DPHArms has some pistol kits, they look pretty cool.
You'd have to get the pistol kit along with the 'pistol' trunion.
It's around $390 for both parts, not bad.

I can see it now, using that for my CCW

Later,
Kyle

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I can hide my AMD-65 pistol under a medium length jacket
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
hey i've stashed my full-length romy in my pant leg, and noone could tell the difference
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea they look good.

I was at the gunsmiths house that makes them for scott and they looked like they would make a super nice pistol.

FREE
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn''t look like a top handguard can be put on it. I shoot AK pistol a bunch and would burn my hand.

However maybe you could get used to not touching up there or find some type of guard.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It doesn''t look like a top handguard can be put on it. I shoot AK pistol a bunch and would burn my hand.

However maybe you could get used to not touching up there or find some type of guard.

I dont have a top guard on my AMD kit, and I have no problems keeping my fingers clear.  it helps to use the later AKM/74 bulged lower handguard
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:39:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if you couldn't make some type of forward handle, like the ones you see on picatiny rail systems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Being a pistol, I don't believe you can have a forward grip.  Maybe I'm wrong but it's what I recall.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Being a pistol, I don't believe you can have a forward grip.  Maybe I'm wrong but it's what I recall.

That is correct.  At that point it would be an NFA item as a AOW.  If paperwork was filled out, the $5 tax is paid and it gets approved a person could have a foward grip on a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is correct.  At that point it would be an NFA item as a AOW.  If paperwork was filled out, the $5 tax is paid and it gets approved a person could have a foward grip on a pistol.

it is only $5 if it is a form 4 transfer of an AOW, if you build it with a form 1 then it is still a $200 tax.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#10]

just right.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it is only $5 if it is a form 4 transfer of an AOW, if you build it with a form 1 then it is still a $200 tax.

Thank you for correcting me.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
and the aow stuff only applies if it is a vertical grip, a normal handguard is fine
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top