Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/24/2004 5:03:12 AM EDT
What kind of new mags should we expect to see after the AWB sunsets, I hope a crap load are imported so if there is another ban we can reload up
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I would be shocked to see AK mags drop.  Imports are still good and prices are as cheap as I have ever seen.  Also, nmanufactured mags can not likely be made in this country for less then what you can get the imported mags.  Personally I think if you are not buying now you may be loosing your only chance to stock up on cheap mags...

Now, I have been thinking that when Ciener starts making 30-rd mags for the AK that I might grab a bunch of them and build me a dedicated 22LR AKMS!  What I am considering is having a proper .221 bore LR barrel made and then modify the ciener kit to lock-up with the barrel without the chamber adapter like so many people did with the AR-15 22 conversions in the past.  

I am struggling with the question if it is worth the cost as it may be money better spent on other projects but it would be a fun little carbine that I know would get a lot of use from me!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
they will proably drop to id say$7-$8 a mag because now they can import boat loads of surplus mags from other countries
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I only really have my hopes up for 60rnd 5.45 mags,

Shoot, I'll be happy with some more 45 rounders. Never did get one...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top