Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2005 3:25:18 PM EDT
I just got a new PKMKS kit from DPH at the (C&E) Charlotte, NC gun show today.  I am wondering if anyone might know of a reputable builder in NC.  What receiver should I consider?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

SM
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Moses is a guy who hangs out on the falfiles.com/forums builds AK's and just about any other "evil" gun you can think of.   He also has an excellent reputation.

Hes in charlotte, BTW.  He's done lots of FAL barrel work for me and I've always been happy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw one of his AMD-65 at the Charlotte gunshow a year or so ago and I wasn't too impressed with his rivet work. If he's improved on that, then I'd say go for it.

BTW, I had him re-crown a Fal barrel for me that was still on the upper receiver and while he did a good job, it was a pain in the ass to try and get it back from him. I shipped it from a UPS store and the guy wanted proof of my address and all kinds of crap and I was literally ready to drive to his shop to get it. I have never experienced anything like that from other smith's and that includes IGF, AZEX and ARS and he hasn't gotten any other work from me since.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to both of you for the information.  I will see if I can get up with him.

SM
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Moses builds some great rifles and I've never (until now) seen any complaints about his work.

SandyMush, you can email me for pictures of his rivet work.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top