Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2003 10:41:37 AM EDT
  Remember seeing a post with picture of the notch cut in the saftey lever to lock back the bolt.  Any one have a link it?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
    KenR,

Not quite what I was looking for, but interesting!

Looking for a post where about a 1/4 square notch was cut in the top of the ak saftey to lock back the bolt.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Try here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=55397&w=searchPop
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=56463&w=searchPop

Both of those mention modifying the safety-selector to accomplish this purpose, but don't give many details.

Be sure to post what you find out!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have spoken with this gentleman and I belive this is a very good direction to take in regards to locking the bolt open.  He will be in production very soon.

www.geocities.com/akcatch/

Ken Roberts RSA

I feel so bad that he didnt mention our beloved site on his list of links.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Try here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=55397&w=searchPop
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=56463&w=searchPop

Both of those mention modifying the safety-selector to accomplish this purpose, but don't give many details.

Be sure to post what you find out!

My reply at one of the above links(56463):
Is it the safety lever on the outer right side of the receiver that gets notched?
Should the bolt be full rear travel, or forward a bit from full rear, when marking the notch point?

Maadi bolt stays back when using the bolt back/hold trigger method. Have had the bolt release when rifle or bolt bumped using this method. Would like to do the notch mod to keep the bolt open more securely for quick bore cleans(without bolt/carrier removal) and range safety.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info, CB.
Have the plan, drill, and files. Off to the garage!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top