Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 4:39:22 PM EDT
Are there any negitives in doing a screw build??

Who sells screw kits?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:47:42 PM EDT
ryan from midwestarmory has screw kits.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:32:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:58:00 PM EDT
I have been wanting to try a screw build on one of my Romanian kits but am a little wary of drilling in towards the barrel. Is there an exact depth that is safe to drill out the rivets and not damage the barrel ? I would guess that the length of the screws minus the thickness of the receiver would give a safe depth but I haven't tried it before.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 7:06:20 PM EDT by BLM]

Originally Posted By ru4freedom:

yes the gun isnt worth crap but parts
try making your own tools from post you can learn on here read,read and read some more
riveting is easier than you think
after doing 2 screw build I did a rivet one with a set of moded bolt cutters
I am kicking myself on how easy it is and now wish I would have done it to begin with
BLM
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:16:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BLM:

yes the gun isnt worth crap but parts
try making your own tools from post you can learn on here read,read and read some more
riveting is easier than you think
after doing 2 screw build I did a rivet one with a set of moded bolt cutters
I am kicking myself on how easy it is and now wish I would have done it to begin with
BLM

Cant you just remove the screws and rivet it? Or are the holes tapped/drilled out to big?

Im gonna do a screw build soon, want something i can store in a shoe box in my car. Have a little baggie of screws, a screwdrive, an allen wrench and it's good to go. So i can just slide in the barrel/trunnion, screw in down tight, thrown on the stock+pistol grip, throw in the bolt+carrier and rack in a round. Maybe even a suitcase? All the receiver internals can stay in the receiver. It's gonna be my take-down gun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:26:42 AM EDT

Who sells screw kits?

the trunions on a 74 have a couple countersunk holes.. the reciever needs to be dimpled to fit into these holes and held tightly with rivets... screws will not hold these as tight as rivets will..
Top Top