Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2003 6:23:19 PM EDT
Picked up my 2 new OOW ak-74 receivers today.  When is Troy/Inrange doing the next 74 run?

Anybody else have luck with other builders?

I was thinking about having Troy build one and have someone else build the other.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
ORF is getting some real good reviews. As well is AK-USA. There is also IGF , Independence Arms and TFL. I do not think I would hesitate to go with any of them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a build (AK_47, Milled) going on at Indy arms right now.  IGF was too busy to do it.

I am leaning toward ORF.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I cant say I blame you at all. I have been thinking myself. I have 3 '74 kits now. I have been planning (eventually) to send one to TFL to be built on a milled rec, 1 to InRange to be built with a folding stock and the last 1 to IA or AK-USA. I have been wanting to put a left side thumb safety on one of em, I just dont know which.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I chose IA because of their reviews and pictures that were posted.  Talked to Randy indepth about the build.  I'll post pictures when I get it back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
i highly recommend Ohio Rapid Fire www.ohiorapidfire.com/
I had them build a AK-74 for me, and today I just picked up a AKS-74U (Krinkov) built by them.
Both rifles came out excellent, fit and finish were great, and my -74 is accurate as hell for an AK.
Ive pulled 1 moa from the -74 with a Kobra red dot at 100m , and i average around 2 moa when im shooting for accuracy.
Cant go wrong with ORF, and they are pretty fast with the turnaround time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i highly recommend Ohio Rapid Fire www.ohiorapidfire.com/
I had them build a AK-74 for me, and today I just picked up a AKS-74U (Krinkov) built by them.
Both rifles came out excellent, fit and finish were great, and my -74 is accurate as hell for an AK.
Ive pulled 1 moa from the -74 with a Kobra red dot at 100m , and i average around 2 moa when im shooting for accuracy.
Cant go wrong with ORF, and they are pretty fast with the turnaround time.

If you don't mind answering, what was the price?  Was it a standard build or a folding stock?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
TheRealSundance-  I stopped by Ohio Ordnance on Wed. and picked up a 5.45 receiver. I'm having Glen Riddle ([email protected]) at Magnum Gunsmithing in Youngstown, Ohio do my 74 build for me. He gets high praise on his AK and FAL builds over at FalFiles.com. He had a little set back with his shop being flooded a couple weeks ago. He should be up and running with his AK builds by mid September.

Randy at Independence Arms is currently converting my milled Bulgarian SA-93 to pistol grip configuration. I should see her within the next 2 weeks. I wouldn't hesitate to go with any of the above builders. I've heard great things from them all.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#9]
All these guys are fine smiths, but don't forget Chris @ AK-USA.  I'll be doing some web updates tonight for him.  Check out the detail on this preban folder conversion.  You really can't get any tighter..that button looks like it's practically *painted* on!

take care,
Tec

www.ak-103.com

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top