Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/5/2003 12:57:46 PM EDT
I'm looking both the rate of fire and the sustained rate of fire for an AK-74 in semi-auto mode.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
CampyBob -

Thanks

I was looking at the AR-15 Army's TM the other day and noticed the AR rate of fire is 45rnds/min. and the sustained rate of fire is 12/15 rnds/min.

I beleive the rate of fire for an AK-74 of 40 - 60 rnds/min. but I'm not sure about the sustain rate of fire.  Are there any technical manuals on the AK-74 to support the numbers?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Mig,
You are right the AR lists 12-15 rounds per minute for sustained fire.  At this rate you can fire indefinately w/o worry about cook offs.

The max rate of AIMED semi-auto fire is listed at 45 rounds per minute.  Do enough of this and you will have to worry about cook-offs.

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I was looking at the AR-15 Army's TM the other day..

just a clarification....but there is no such thing as a "AR-15 ARMY TM" {:)}
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top