Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:30:54 AM EDT
I'm confused and need help. Are ak 74 muzzle brakes also properly identified as flash hiders?
I've seen the same design identified as a muzzle brake on several sites but labeled as a flash hider on others. ???
Misc
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The ATF considers them to be muzzle brakes.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]
And they function as flash hiders?
Misc
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And they function as flash hiders?
Misc

Not really. Its still possible to get a light show out of them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Great! That's what I needed to know. Now to order a flash hider.
Misc
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont know about the original brake, i havent shot my AK74's all that much, but i have one mounted on an ar15 and it spews out flash like no other, its great at cutting recoil and its great at making everyone jump at the range because its so loud but by no means does it cut the flash signature.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
My AK74's in low light conditions have large fireballs from both sides of the brake.  They are not good flash hiders,  but fun to watch.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch for the new SEI AK74/100 Vortex about two-three months down the road.  The AK47/AKM version will be on market (in extremely limited numbers for civilians) by the SHOT Show.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top