Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Russian
Posted: 3/12/2011 6:48:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2011 6:49:43 PM EST by Archangel41]
Looking EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE for a AK-74 Type B buttplate with zero luck. This would be the ribbed version w/trapdoor and mounting screw spacing 2.69" center to center. I understand these were early production and are not very common.

Everyone only seem to stock the 2.69" center to center in smooth w/trapdoor or ribbed w/o the trapdoor.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

This is what I need:

This is all I've been able to find (hole spacing 3.31" center to center):

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:09:08 AM EST
I just bought 2 sets of Bulgarian AK 74 wood for $25 each from Apex Guns. They came in excellent condition and include wood buttstocks with the buttplate you need. That may be your best solution. I will look around and let you know if I can find just the ribbed buttplate for sale. While not the cheapest route, if you do buy the $25 set, you could throw a smooth buttplate on it and you will have a spare 74 furniture set.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:57:30 AM EST
That's a great idea. I'll look into it, thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:38:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By Dferg10:
I just bought 2 sets of Bulgarian AK 74 wood for $25 each from Apex Guns. They came in excellent condition and include wood buttstocks with the buttplate you need. That may be your best solution. I will look around and let you know if I can find just the ribbed buttplate for sale. While not the cheapest route, if you do buy the $25 set, you could throw a smooth buttplate on it and you will have a spare 74 furniture set.

Do these come with the upper handguard clip?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:55:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2011 4:04:42 PM EST by Dferg10]
Originally Posted By Driftwood419:
Originally Posted By Dferg10:

Do these come with the upper handguard clip?

The 2 sets I got had no upper handguard clips and no sling hardware on the buttstocks. The buttplates were complete and in excellent condition.
Palm swells on lower handguards and lightening cuts on buttstocks. I had planned to refinish both, but one set was so nice it went right on my 74. Now that you mention it, I need some upper handguard clips ... and buttstock sling swivels.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:03:30 AM EST
Archangel41 Here is a pic....

Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top