Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 11:02:56 AM EDT
    Both are for sale on the EE board. Both are new. Sam 7 has about 200 rounds through it. If you had a choice which one would you buy. Sam 7 has an upgraded trigger. Both are right around 725 shipped. Decisions, decisions...Any info would be appreciated

Irish
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#1]
For the first time, I got to look at a SAM-7S at a local dealer in St. Louis. I am VERY IMPRESSED with the fit and finish of this rifle. If I were you, I would go with a SAM-7S. Although AK-USA does a great job with their Saiga conversions, a conversion is still a conversion. Arsenal in Nevada did a super job with their SAM-7 rifle, which is made completely out of new parts right here in America.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Both shoot great. I think that the SA-M7 is put together a lot better and has a better fit and finish.  Plus the muzzle brake is pinned in place rather than welded (which will make it easier to remove if you make that decision down the road).  Over all, I find the SA-M7 to be a much nicer package and feel that it is a better deal.  The only downside is K-var/Arsenal product support which is non-existant.  Also customer service sucks.  But it is a great rifle and if you just want to get the best deal, then that's it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with the AK103 from AKUSA. I have one and a AK74 job Chris did for me and the work is excellent. Both are tack drivers. He is doing a new finish that looks exactly like the real Russian finish and he will be more then happy to answer any questions you have. His customer service is outstanding to say the least. You can not go wrong with an AK103 from AKUSA!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
i say go with the ak-103, it will be my next rifle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my Krebs Saiga AK103K conversion.  Very light, excellent quality.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a SA M-7, very nice.....I'd say get the SA M-7, for the reasons themao mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I 'think' that's the SAM-7 I bought from the EE - RSA trigger, Burris Speed-Dot optic, Ultimak mount, mags,etc. - $700 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
work some OT and get em both..........
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I 'think' that's the SAM-7 I bought from the EE - RSA trigger, Burris Speed-Dot optic, Ultimak mount, mags,etc. - $700 shipped.

And looks like Irish317 bought the AK-103.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top