Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 2:58:01 PM EDT
Well, I am wanting to build an AK-101 clone, and I'd like some advice on what to start out  with. I'm thinking about starting with a 223 Saiga with a 16 inch barrel. I am also considering a 223 like the one at this link. If this is a pre-ban, then I would not have to worry about the US parts. Oh, actually a gunsmith will build it, and I will gather the parts.

I am wanting one just like the one that belongs to Kevin_M4.

Mikie
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Kevin M4 is my idol with his AK-100 series weapons.....

I will buy that someday Kevin
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey 762hurts. I'll never be that lucky. I will have to have one built. I wonder why Izhmash built the Saiga without mag dimples?

Mike
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks MRW. Yea, Chris builds some nice looking AK rifles. He is the reason I thought of using the Saiga to build on, so you think the best gun to start with is a Saiga?

Mikie
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently contacted Chris about doing a Saiga .223 conversion and he said he no longer does those.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I recently contacted Chris about doing a Saiga .223 conversion and he said he no longer does those.

Wow. Upon request of info. I heard a bit differently. Did you have all parts ready, as I have? I really didn't need anything but proper assembly.

Anyone could have done it. I just wanted to send, and forget. No worries.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top