Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:49:54 PM EDT
I was getting prices on a sidefold stock installation and got an estimate from InRange.  Who else does this service?  Prices?  Must be reputable.  I'd like to get a few estimates before I decide who I'm sending my SLR to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love this info too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#2]
This is one of those jobs that pays to have it done right the first time. Their price may be a bit higher than some, but you will not be disapppointed when you get it back.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Chris at AK-USA does great work.

Folder installation is just not going to be cheap.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]
guess it's a secret.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
guess it's a secret.

No secret,the job varies depending on what all you want done,if you're in the market,call the builders and TALK to them about what it will cost.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
guess it's a secret.

Ancient Chinese Secret
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it would probably take about an hour...$40 set of rivet squeezers, $15 angle grinder, Dremel.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
guess it's a secret.

No secret,the job varies depending on what all you want done,if you're in the market,call the builders and TALK to them about what it will cost.

thanks .

i have. from chris butler, and marshall arms.....lotsa lotsa moullah....

just wondering what this guy paid.....

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
As always you get what you pay for... Mario     Piece of History Firearms, Tucson, Az
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think it would probably take about an hour...$40 set of rivet squeezers, $15 angle grinder, Dremel.

lotsa lotsa moullah....

It takes a lot of work. They have drill out the old rivets, cut EACH side of the receiver at the back, cut two differently sized holes for the latch pin, drill two new holes for the two new rivets, drill a hole for the front latch pin, make a hole for the front latch, and rivet the new trunnion in. Then touch up the finish, or redo it completely.

You might find someone to do it cheaper, I dont know. The big guys are going to charge a lot though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm curious who else is doing these conversions. Always looking. I guess AK-USA can just knock mine all out at once.

johno~just playing with you........you

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top