Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/1/2002 4:31:55 PM EST
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to find a source for stamped underfolder AKM recievers...I got a milled one from Florida Gun Works for an arm and a leg but need a stamped one as well. I realize regular recievers (I've seen alot of HESSE and Ohio Ord. ones on the 'net for sale) can be modified to accept such a configuration but I'd prefer to find the real deal...unless someone can tell me a way to perform said procedure with a minimum of cussing and yelling.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:34:50 PM EST

There are no stamped receivers currently manufactured in the underfolder variation. The conversion can be done rather effortlessly if you have access to a mill, press, and remember the saying, "Measure twice, cut once." :) If I can help advise in any way, please feel free to e-mail me. good luck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:28:23 PM EST
Thanks...so much for the easy way out...two more questions: Are parts interchangeable between milled and stamped recievers (i.e. trigger group, bolt, etc. designed for stamped reciever weapons-can they be installed in a milled reciever?). Second question: has anyone else out there run into problems getting their FFL dealers to transfer things like AK recievers? I've been to quite a few in my area and they all balk at semi-auto's (even the frames!)...and I've got two all ready to ship but nowhere to ship to! I have a firearms ID, pistol permit, and LTC but no FFL unfortunately.
Anybody have the same problem?
Top Top