Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/19/2005 2:08:16 PM EDT
AKM and AIM finish and marking question

Just wondering how (or if) the AKM or AIM are marked (receiver, trunion, etc) and if anyone has any pics of the markings.

I was also wondering how these rifles are finished in their native countries. There seems to be some real cool and very durable finishes out there, but how are they done in the factory.

I just ordered three of the AIM kits from AIM, don’t know if I’ll build them right away or what, but I’m thinking of one as a sidefolder and the other two as AIM (AKM) configuration, we’ll see. Just wondering what is supposed to be factory.

Thanks, Chris
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:36:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ch139:
AKM and AIM finish and marking question

Just wondering how (or if) the AKM or AIM are marked (receiver, trunion, etc) and if anyone has any pics of the markings.

I was also wondering how these rifles are finished in their native countries. There seems to be some real cool and very durable finishes out there, but how are they done in the factory.

I just ordered three of the AIM kits from AIM, don’t know if I’ll build them right away or what, but I’m thinking of one as a sidefolder and the other two as AIM (AKM) configuration, we’ll see. Just wondering what is supposed to be factory.

Thanks, Chris

Do you mean marked as in serial number, or arsenal markings?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 5:12:26 PM EDT by ch139]
Both.

Do they say AIM or AKM on them anywhere?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:37:00 PM EDT
AKM and AIM are not going to be found on any AK type of rifle........the AKM is the designation of the rifle Avtomat Kalashnikova moderinized..
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:28:34 PM EDT
I know what AKM is, but what is AIM?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:54:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By trvo:
I know what AKM is, but what is AIM?

It's the Romanian designation for the standard AKM rifle with a forward hand grip. An AIM rifle with an underfolding stock would be an AIMS, and the romanian Sidefolder 5.45 rifle would be an AIMS-74.

Top Top