Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:49:08 PM EST
I mean the button that unlocks the stock fo it folds.

I just built a bulgy kit I've had laying around for a couple years, this is my first side folder. Should that button be really hard to press?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:53:03 AM EST
Mine was, until I used it a lot, kinda broke it in, now it's easier to operate. As a trick, put pressure on the stock in the opening direction to releive pressure on the switch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:29:19 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:53:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Mine was, until I used it a lot, kinda broke it in, now it's easier to operate. As a trick, put pressure on the stock in the opening direction to releive pressure on the switch.

People that use mine have hell, but with that trick i make it look like a toddler can do it
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:54:59 AM EST
+1

my krink was a PITA
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:20:11 AM EST
Got it, so it's normal and may get a little better with use.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:57:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

+1000

My SLR-106 was a BEAR to operate until I just kept opening and closing it for a while. Now it's smooth as butter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:39:07 AM EST
My sidefolder sticks sticks a bit on my Bulgy. Tried opening and closing the hell out of it for the past few years but it still sticks. I push the button in while I'm straightening the stock out and that way I can push it with my thumb. If it opens on its own there's no way to break it loose with your thumb. I use the bottom of a mag to thump it loose and it folds right up. There seems to not be a lot of margin for error with those stocks. If they're a little too tight they're difficult to break loose. If they're a little too loose then they rattle and/or wobble. I think most of these guys have it though: it'll almost inevitably loosen up some....just like a lot of parts in a Kalashnikov.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:36:09 PM EST
yes, new stocks are stiff, and no, you don't have to live with it. They are adjustable (in one direction - looser). I reduce the pad on the left front of the stock portion and then run a rubber abrassive wheel through the right side where the latch engages. Takes an extra 10 minutes per rifle, but needing a mallet to depress the button is not acceptable.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:53:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gunplumber:
yes, new stocks are stiff, and no, you don't have to live with it. They are adjustable (in one direction - looser). I reduce the pad on the left front of the stock portion and then run a rubber abrassive wheel through the right side where the latch engages. Takes an extra 10 minutes per rifle, but needing a mallet to depress the button is not acceptable.

Thanks Mark, I'll take a crack at it. Just got to remember to be careful.
Top Top