Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2003 8:32:12 PM EDT
I know it seems like a pointless thing to do, but I was wondering if anyone knows if a 5.45 '74 mag can/could be adapted to fit and feed in a 7.62 rifle. I thought of it when I held one of my E. German bakes up to the magwell of my SAR1 and like the look. I know there are similar "bakelite" mags for AKMs, but seeing as how they are very rare and expensive, I think it would be cool (and inexpensive) to convert a few German bakes to work with 7.62.  Of course the length and curvature of the mag wouldn't be quite accurate, but I think it would be nifty anyway. So, anyone every tried it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
 One of the great things about AK's are the magazines.  They are made well and to last.  I think you would be losing to much of that if you even could get it to work.
 There are some nice black plastic Bulgarian 7.62 mags around.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I did it once.

I had to mill off the front of the mag and the rear a little.

After I got the mag to fit the 30rd mag only held 10-15 I can't remember exactly.  They just got harder to load after 10.

BISHOP
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top