Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/1/2004 7:55:34 AM EDT
My KVAR ak74 kit is very nice, and I will really enjoy building this, but I noticed something on the front trunnion that has me confused. Every trunnion I'v ever seen has 3 rivit holes on each side of the trunnion. 2 upper and 1 lower. This trunnion has 1 upper and 1 lower. where the 2nd rivit is usually located, there is a partial drilled hole, that doesn't go all the way thru the wall of the trunnion. There is definetly no rivit hole, nor has there ever been a rivit hole, just the partial drilled hole. Does that make any sence? I guess my question is.... Should I make the 3rd rivit hole? should I take the trunnion off to do that? I really don't like removing the F. Trunnion if I don't have to. Did this gun just slip by their QC? or did the Commies really have a QC? Other than the missing 3rd rivit hole, the rest of the kit is complete and nicely put together.
OJF
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:39:19 PM EDT
hrm I thought I replied to this... anyway I think this big shipment of '74 kits were all taken apart by a bunch of gorillas learning to use mills. All of the trunion holes look like that. The rivet is still there and you should be able to use a sharpie & an awl to find the edge. Drill out like normal.

If you are riveting, you can remove the rivets after removing the barrel, its a lot easier that way., just punch them out.

But if you are screwing it and trying to avoid the rivets, then good luck on drilling! You "should" have enough to thread, may have to go w/ 1/4" bolts instead of 10-32 bolts.

hth,
- Jerry
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:52:08 AM EDT
Top Top