Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2004 2:38:25 PM EDT
Well I am busy attempting to add a few new additions to my vice prior to my daughter's impending college days and poverty.

I definitely want to join the ranks of AK owners out there and have a question or two that perhaps you fine folks could opine about.

74 or 47??  Any thoughts on which would be a better choice??

Are mags difficult and expensive to procure for the 74's?
How about ammo?

May end up with a VEPR K but am interested in the 74 as anudder to add.

Thank you very much for the help.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks folks!!

I do like the concept of getting both. As soon as finances allow I imagine I will.

Thanks again!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
AK 47 is more recognizable but I think the AK74 is much more enjoyable to shoot.

Just my opinion.

I recently bought a VEPR in 5.45 X 39 and it is a great rifle. Fit & finish are 100% and reliability has been 100% also. I only wish I had bought one sooner.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top