Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/1/2003 11:19:35 PM EDT
Anyone know what the correct threaded muzzle break would be in regards to the threads under the barrel nut of this Hungarian barrel.  I can see that the one weld on mine is cracking so I figured I would take it off and see how the threads are and if they are in good shape I will silver solder an AK-74 style U.S. muzzle-brake on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#1]
If your barrel is Hungarian AK47/AKM the threads are most likely 14mm 1.0 pitch reverse

I have a 100% hungarian AKM and that is what the threads on my barrel measure.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  That is what you are suppose to use on a Romanian when you thread it so it won't hurt to order one and try it, I can always put it on the SAR1.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quess it won't, just ordered me one from Krebs Custom with an adapter to fit mine...
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody know for sure what the threads are or know how I can determine this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Standard AK-47 and AKM thread pitch is 1/14" reverse thread.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, that's good enough for me. I am going to order 1 and hopefully the threads are good under the barrel nut.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top