Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/15/2005 8:40:19 AM EDT

AK-PK Romanian AK 7.62x39 Parts Kit

Item#AK-PK
Romanian AK75 7.62x39 Rifle Replacement parts kit. Stamped receiver cut as per BATF. Includes 1-30rd magazine. Very-good to Excellent condition.
Choose either:
Item#AK-PK: Parts Kit with Normal front lower handguard
Item#AK-PK2: Parts Kit with Pistol Grip front lower handguard (pictured)

- (4 or fewer) $99.95
- (5 or more) $89.95

What's a receiver cost? Can I just purchase them like a normal AR receiver? Who sells them? Just put this thing together? Pretty easy?

Are these parts kits worth snagging a couple of them?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm also from Missouri and also very interested on building up some kits. I'd like to start with one of these cheap Romanian kits and then do a Tantal or something.

I'd like to know what special skills are involved, and what tools are needed. I'm a tool and die maker by trade and this shouldn't be above my head.

Is riveting the only special skill I'll need, and rivet setting tools the only special tools I'll need?

What about finishing the gun, how does one go about that?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What part of MO are you from?  I'm in the KC area.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL, unfortunatly, the opposite side, St. Louis area!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got three of these kits from AIM and I’m happy with them. The bores look great and there doesn’t appear to be any carbon on the gas pistons. Bolt faces, lugs and carrier all look very clean, not all beat up. One of the kits does not have any kind of blemishes on the bolt face, all the finish is still there. Never been fired?

The outside is a different story. The wood has some pretty good dents and dings in it, don’t know if they would steam out or not, but I’ll probably use plastic anyway. Some nicks and dings on the metal and a lot of finish missing on most of the edges.

When it comes to mechanical ability I am a tool so I’ll be having these built. Don’t know who by yet, but I am very impress with Troy at Inrange.

I’m just very curious as to how accurate (or inaccurate) these things are going to be.

Anyone know what the orange G below the rear sight is for?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Anyone know what the orange G below the rear sight is for?

From what I understand,the G marked rifles are semi only AKs,built for new Conscripts.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
My Aim kit looks unissued inside and out. Check out the group buy in the Ohio hometown forum. The kits are $82.00. See the thread tacked at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My Aim kit looks unissued inside and out. Check out the group buy in the Ohio hometown forum. The kits are $82.00. See the thread tacked at the top of the page.

+1,I ordered mine today!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm also from Missouri and also very interested on building up some kits. I'd like to start with one of these cheap Romanian kits and then do a Tantal or something.

I'd like to know what special skills are involved, and what tools are needed. I'm a tool and die maker by trade and this shouldn't be above my head.

Is riveting the only special skill I'll need, and rivet setting tools the only special tools I'll need?

Here's some good info on building, it will give you some idea what is needed.
pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/docs/construction/construction.htm
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's some good info on building, it will give you some idea what is needed.
pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/docs/construction/construction.htm

that link is dead!!! It's the 5 time I've tried it.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]
It worked for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
will a AK47 receiver say from ohio ord work with this kit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Just received three kits from them today. All matching numbers. Kits I got look unfired, although they they do show some wear. Mine all came with one brand new mag. You dont see that anywhere else. Wood has some minor dents/dings. Should make for some good builds. I highly recommend them for the price ($82.00).  Quick ship also.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't all you have to do is purchase the kit,  then purchase a complete receiver and put together?  Is there any machine work to do?  What tools will I need?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got my second Aim kit on the group buy. Same as the first. All matching and looks unissued.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to AIM today and got two kits.  I highly recommend for the quality and price.  Maybe I shouldn't say this because then you will all buy them up
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Isn't all you have to do is purchase the kit,  then purchase a complete receiver and put together?No  Is there any machine work to do?yes  What tools will I need?

check out the "Build It Yourself" page.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Just ordered 4 kits!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top