Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 9:45:17 PM EDT
I got the AR armorers' video when I first got into ARs, didn't really help me at all. Found printed materials easier to use. AK building is a bit more involved, though. I'll be using a Stickman bending jig, Plinker riveting jigs, Xcebec barrel press jig, and a HF spot welder. Will the AGI video help me, or should I rely on articles I've printed off the net, and spend the $60 on nice furniture, compliance parts, ammo etc? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:47:25 AM EDT
Bought the AGI video and was disappointed. There were a couple things I didn't know, but they spent way too much time bending a flat, nothing on putting in the FCG. I really wanted to see how the FCG went together and was placed in rifle. Nothing. It will help some, others no.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:55:17 AM EDT
Stickerman (aka Curtiss from ak-builder.com) is one of the 'actors' in the DVD titled something like 'The Ultimate AK builder DVD'.

In that vid, they use all the jigs you mentioned except xbec. There's a fair amount of detail.

I had one then sold it. Now that I've got all the jigs, I wish I had it back

This vid will do you more good that AGI. Also on AGI, there's a lotta stuff you won't do/use- like bashing rivets into the front trunion using the barrel as a bucking bar- nice way to screw up a nice round rivet head. Also in the AGI vid, they use a lot of tools that are medium-complex to build- they include plans but really-
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:40:39 AM EDT
For $10 you can rent the AGI video. There are 2 other ak videos available as well as other gun videos.

technicalvideorental.com/rental_73.html
Top Top