Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 9:06:01 AM EDT
Whats the cheapest/easy parts to replace on the list. Where can i find parts cheap and easy. I also would love to get a folding stock and pistel grip that dont look cheap and works great. i have a Egyptian(spelling) AK. It has a chrome lined barrel. i dont want to spend more then 100 dollors for folding stock and 50 dollors for parts to make it legal. How hard is it to put on a new stock. thx
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Doing it for $150 can be done if you are careful with the shipping and handling fees.

RPBusa might be your best bet since the FCG can be had for $30.   They also sell K-var's US made stocksets and pieces.  BTW the K-var made stock sets will not dissappoint you at all.  I have two sets from them and I can not tell really any difference between them and my original bulgarian ones.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The other cheap and easy parts are the gas piston and pistol grip.  I think you could get both for about $30ish.

Magazine follower and floorplate.  (2 parts) - $1.50.  I don't think you can get much cheaper than that!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
what is RPBusa? you can get a choate synthetic handguard set for $18, you can get a g2 fcg for $30 and a pistol grip for $16 from scottgull on the EE. there are your 5 parts  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Its www.rpbusa.com is the site I was referring too.   They have some good stuff.

Also for cheapness, they have a set of 10 mag followers and 10 floor plates for only $10.   Thats two parts right there or just one part if you install one part on 20 magazines.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
You sure its 10 followers and 10 floorplates for 10$ I was looking on the site and all I can find was $3.25 for 1 follower or 1 floorplate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Its down toward the bottom of that page

USA Mfg. AK Magazine Floor Plate and Follower. Package of 10 Sets. FSE Mfg.   AK28   $10.00
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#8]
can anyone give me the link to scottsdails website could find it when i searched for it. i want a metal side folder. I cant find anyone who makes orignal pistel grip and stock that looks good without costing a arm and leg. if u know of any good idea please inform me. thx
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Its down toward the bottom of that page

USA Mfg. AK Magazine Floor Plate and Follower. Package of 10 Sets. FSE Mfg.   AK28   $10.00

ooooo I see it now...damn I am retarded. I don't need anymore U.S. parts but I am going to order a couple sets of those anyways. Right now I have 5 30 rounders and a 10 rounder (5 round with tapco follower). so one set would be nice to at least freshen up my 30 rounders.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top