Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/15/2004 12:02:36 PM EST
Tired of playing with these jokers! Anybody else sell 80% AK receivers.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:43:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/15/2004 12:56:56 PM EST by AR-15Fan]
Coldsteel Solutions Inc sells em, unfortunately they've either changed webaddresses (used to be www.coldsteelsolutionsinc.com unless I've gone crazy) or just closed down their site altogether. They still post adds selling them on the gunsnet boards though, user name "coldsteel4us", do a search...

I built my bulgy '74 on one, seemed pretty decent but I haven't built on a Ace to compare... He had a 2 week estimated time for delivery from the date you ordered when I got mine around 3-4 months ago...

He offers RPK, standard AK/AK74 receivers, AMD receivers, underfolder receivers, all in both .050 or so sheet steel or .040 4130. They come with all holes centerpunched, mag well rough cut out undersized, etc. Although on mine I found the centerpunched holes to be off enough that I didn't use a single one I don't think, I used a Ace template and just centerpunched them all again to the template. I guess others haven't had that issue though... Oh, mag dimples are pressed in along with the little indention on the front of the magwell.

There is also www.bent-metal.com/ but I know nothing about them.

Pics of mine:

Finished product:
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:12:43 PM EST
Nice build AR-15 fan, here's Coldsteels link BTW www.coldsteelsolutionsincorporated.com/.
I'm thinking of using his PSL blank soon. Except instead of cutting out the rear portion like a real PSL, keeping it squared off so I can use an AK buttstock and pistol grip.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:50:20 AM EST
The bent metal blanks are really nice. Their .050 ones even come with longer trigger and hammer pins.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:12:46 AM EST
Thnaks for this info guys. I've been trying to find out what happened to my order with acearms and I'm tired of dealing with the BS. I'm going to see about an alternative with one of the above companies.

If anyone gets a good email or phone number for acearms, please, post it.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:07:09 PM EST
I actually got an email from somebody at ACE. The guy said he was just there doing something unrelated and would "forward my emails to the front office and somebody would contact me Monday" Well its Tuesday and you guessed it nothing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:17:06 PM EST
you could also try www.ak-47.org he sells bent blanks for screw builds but you can use them for rivit builds
Top Top