Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/31/2006 4:37:33 AM EST
How much work can be done on a receiver before it is considered a "firearm"?

Can you buy them folded without them being an FFL item?

If so, who carries them and how much do they cost?

I'm not looking to build an AK, exactly. If it works, this is going to be a cool toy.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:54:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2006 7:55:10 AM EST by WillysWagon]
There are 2 types of 80% receivers (bent or drilled).

80% prebent: Once you add holes, it's a firearm receiver
80% predrilled: Once bent, it's a firearm receiver

Tapco, DPH Arms, Copes Distr all carry the flats.
Not sure about the prebent ones, sorry.

Please chime in if I'm wrong guys.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:09:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2006 2:29:50 PM EST by 222SAKO]
For prebent receivers check out www.bent-metal.com. Or you can look up a guy on homegunsmith.com, goes by "SloChild". You might have to be a member to log in over there.


Edited to add..... SloChilds website is www.nonguns.com
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:30:28 AM EST
Thanks for the info, guys.

Top Top