Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 4:34:55 PM EDT
Are the 7.62x39 Bulgarian green waffle magazines still availablle somewhere?
Also, can someone compare them to Sako (Valmet) waffle mags? (quality, function)

Thank you,
RB
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I do know that there were a few green bulgarian Waffle mags. However, there more Finnish Valmet/Sako 92 green waffle mags than there were Bulgarian and this is probably what you have seen. BTW, if it has a little D ring on it it is definitely Finnish, however, if it does not, it might still be Finnish. finland made them both ways but nobody made them with the D ring but Finland.

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks TSH 77769. Since my first post here above, I did some research and find out that the green Bulgarian mags are available in limited quantity only (in the US, not sure if that means there were from limited production run, or only limited number of them made it into US before the ban). The Finish Sako mags in green are pre-production Finish Army test batch. The final design accepted by Finish Army is similar, but black color. So I have been told by Ugly Finn.
RB
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, I have got couple of both in the meantime, the Finish and Bulgarian mags for comparsion, here you can check for yourself. The Bulgarian mags are bit biefier, the shell is from different material on each of the mags, Bulgarian being harder and also heavier. I like them both, each of them has some "better" features over the other one.

http://handguns.czweb.org/AK%20mags/Wfl_R03.jpg

http://handguns.czweb.org/AK%20mags/Wfl_front.jpg
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top