Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2006 2:41:39 PM EDT
 I am in the process of getting some 7.62x39 ammo in a couple of trades.  I am getting some Chinese and Russian ammo (not sure of the maker yet).  I can also get some of the following 7.62x39 from a friend:

Norinco FMJ
Chinese Soft Point (marked non corrosive)
Russian HP with Cryllic writing and marked "Made to hunting specifications"
Ammo on stripper clips in some sort of wax paper with no writing on it

I have not shot any of this ammo.  What can you ammo experts tell me about this ammo?  Any help and info is appreciated.  Thanks

Ron
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The Chinese has been found to be corrosive even if marked non-corrosive. Assume that this is all corrosive. The ammo on strippers might be Yugo...check the  headstamp at
http://cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes.htm .
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The Chinese ammo will be either copper washed or brown enamel,the Chinese SP is non-corrosive,the FMJ varies.

All of the ammo mentioned should function fine,are you getting a good deal?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:32:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys.  Yes I am getting a good deal.  I am cleaning out some stuff I no longer use or need and getting ammo for my AKs.  He has more ammo than he will ever use for his AKs so we are both happy.

Ron
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Click the link for the "AK rifle ammo id" page of my web pages as there is info with lots of pics on it.
mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/index.htm
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top