Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:00:34 PM EDT
Came across some copper washed FMJ 7.62x39, it has pink/red sealant on both primer and bullet. Headstamped 9121 and opposite it says 73. ID and an approximate range of value per round would be a help, thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess that since the factory number ends in "1" that it is Chinese ammo. The lack of paint on the tip (I assume there isn't any since you didn't mention it) would indicate ball ammo, probably mild steel core.  I would guess that the year of manufacture is 1973.

If made in 1973 and Chinese, it would have corrosive primers.

As far as value, since there seems to be ashortage of 7.62x39 ammo and prices have gone kind of crazy, I couldn't even guess.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response Mike, the guy wants more than what Wolf typically goes for, although in some circles, the Chinese steel core seems to be more valuable than Wolf FMJ. I'm guessing I will  do OK if I give under $0.20 per round for the stuff, thanks again.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Doing a search and found this thread. I have the same ammo9121 over 73.What I have found at AK47 ammo is that this is corrosive and more than likely steel core.I did not pull the bullet but from what I read there are only certain factories that made lead core ammo.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top