Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/3/2003 11:35:41 PM EDT
just curious, has anybody ever seen this ammo for sale here?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen some on www.auctionarms.com

go into the ammo section and do a search for 7.62x54r ammo maybe it is still there and the seller can give you a line on where to get some.

You are talking about the black tipped tungsten core ammo correct? Not sure if this is one of the sniper grades either but I have heard it was.

Some people think the silver tip is sniper grade but it is standard ball same as the yellow tipped.

There were actually two sniper grades. 7N1 and 7N14

Both are corrosive and hard to find..in the USA.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:43:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I found and bought 200 rounds of 7N1 from a dealer in Florida two years ago. Dam expensive to say the least. Russia has never aloud 7N1 to be imported into the U.S., what we have available normally came from the middle east. It is the most accurate Russian 7.62x54mm you can find. The SVD was originally designed for 7N1. The relatively new Wolf 148 grain comes close, but still doesn't match up to 7N1 in my book. You have to be very careful buying it over the internet. I bought 100 rounds from a seller on Gunbroker. When it arrived it was just regular 7.62X54 ball ammo. I sent it back with no problems.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys....I have been using the WOLF 148gr, and I get nice groups, just wanted to see if the 7N1 are available, and to see what those will do.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
You should contact "Berg" on the svddicussion board. He in my opinion is the most knowledgeable SVD expert in the U.S. He has his own website entirely focused on the SVD. I don't remember its address anymore, but Berg is super nice and will take care of you. If I remember correctly, 7N1 does have its own markings. That's certainly something Berg will know and be glad to help you out with.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I just figured out dragunov.net is "Bergs" website. Check out his website or IM "Dragunov". Like I said Berg(dragunov) is the SVD "JEDI" in the U.S.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top