Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/6/2006 2:44:15 AM EDT
Ther were posts on this web sight about the possibility of surplus steel core ammo being available in the near future? How is this ammo different form the new 5.45x39 Wolf and Silver Bear? Which of these ammos is "superior"? THANKS
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ther were posts on this web sight about the possibility of surplus steel core ammo being available in the near future? How is this ammo different form the new 5.45x39 Wolf and Silver Bear? Which of these ammos is "superior"? THANKS

Ammo we don't talk about....

AC
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It's corrosive. That kills it for me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Great article link!!!

Thanky, thank!!!

AC
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Great article link!!!

Thanky, thank!!!

AC

What I find amusing is that China spend all that R&D on a new cartridge, the 5.8x43, after running tests with M193, 7N6, and their new round. The 7N6 outperformed the Chinese round in all areas except for steel penetration. Maybe it's pretentious of me to say that they should have just looked at the new AP rounds Russia developed, but that's what I think.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's corrosive. That kills it for me.

Not only that...It has lacquer coated steel cases....Oh the horror.

I heard that if you are next to a guy shooting corrosive ammo, watch out for some of the muzzle blast. Not only does your gun rust instantly, your face just melts off.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Read

Umm, so basically all that shows is AP rounds, not '7N6' which is the standard ammo they mention?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top