Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:20:45 PM EDT
Just started getting going and it is coming along nice. I am modifying the plans a bit though as there is room for improovement to the plans. I dont like the idea of having the inner plate/plates drilled all the way through for the bolts that are used to clmap the bottom and Flat to. . With the way they have it the bolt head or nut will be tightened down on an angled surface and want to walk the bottom plate around while tightening. I am going to make blind holes perpendicular to the angle and thread them. that way there is no bolts protruding out of the top of the middle plate.
I also will make the solid 3/4 inner plate VS the two 3/8 plates. If a guy uses the 2 3/8 plates the trough holes would have to be on the seam where the 2 plates join together.
This is probably all greek to anyone who hasnt studied the print of built one.
I will probably rent it out wheni am done to area builders to recoup my costs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:42:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:22:46 AM EDT
in time ,young grasshopper!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:47:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By schmalts:
I also will make the solid 3/4 inner plate VS the two 3/8 plates. If a guy uses the 2 3/8 plates the trough holes would have to be on the seam where the 2 plates join together.

I will probably rent it out wheni am done to area builders to recoup my costs.

I did mine the way you're describing. I used a 3/4" center w/2 3/8 flats. Also, the bottom plate is attached with bolts perpendicular to the bottom of the jig. the bottom is a flat surface, so i'm kinda confused about the angle thing you're talking about.

The metal for mine cost about $23 total. Where are you getting metal that it's expensive?

I'll post picts of mine tonight so you can get an idea of what i did.

caspian
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:10:03 PM EDT
Dont you mean a 3/4 center with teo 1/4 sides? a 3/4 center with 3/8 sides would be too wide.
I probably wont really rent it out, just trade for other services like parking or bead blasting. something of that nature. Or just sell it outright when i am done with my 2 kits.
I am making it at work so it really isnt the cost, its the time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:48:58 PM EDT
Should be bending up my first flat tomorrow if i have time to weld the Die portion (outer walls). Have all the pieces made, just need to do a little welding if i get time
Forgot the pictures at work... maybe Friday
Do any of you have accurate outside dimentions of a completed reciever to see how mine stacks up? Mainly the width and hight on both ends, and this is of course on the .043 flats
Top Top