Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2011 4:26:18 AM EDT
Suppose you had ~100 mags between the two guns and never did a good job sorting them out  

I did a quick comparison between a couple and I really didnt see a difference... same mag follower, same curvature, same length, etc... anything that I am missing that obviously seperates the two?
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The curve of a '47 will be sharper than the straighter '74 mag.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The curve of a '47 will be sharper than the straighter '74 mag.

+1

Much straighter on the '74, should be able to tell the difference from 10' away.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
yup thats a dead giveaway.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#4]
And if you can't see difference in the curve you should see the slots cut into the top of
the AK74 mags for the stripper clip spoon to slide into.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And if you can't see difference in the curve you should see the slots cut into the top of
the AK74 mags for the stripper clip spoon to slide into.

Thanks for the responses gentlemen, between the stripper clip and lookin more closely at the curvature difference I'll do my best  

Can I assume that a 47 mag will / will not fit into a -74 receiver as far as hands on verification?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
74 mag will not fit in a 47. Tried it the other night out of curiosity.

ETA: spieling errerrz and awl dat jaz

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
same mag follower, same curvature, same length, etc...

Follower, curviture and length are all different.  If you can;t see the difference I would suggest looking at some images on Google to see the differences.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I try to only buy poly mags for the 74 and steel mags for the 47.  Have a couple of steel Tantal mags that look too similar to the 47 mags.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top