Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:19:15 AM EDT
As Ive been convinced by you good folks to buy a Vector from Atlantic I called Blaine today and asked this stupid question of him. He said he doen't get a lot of feedback from buyers on what they've got out of these rifles for accuracy. I know this isn't going to shoot like my AR or .308 carbine but what are the ballpark guesses for one of these Vector classics?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#1]
My Vector underfolder seems to want to shoot between 3" and 4".  YMMV
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
it has a lot to do with the ammo you use, and most that is available to us is not the most accurate.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The BIGGEST difference is the shooter. There are a lot of people who only get 4" or 5" groups with their AKs at 100yds. But 95% of AKs will shoot much better than that. They'd shoot 4" or 5" groups with a target rifle if it didn't have an optic.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
when i was on gunsnet years back, there was a guy who put his romanian in a rifle rest and shot 1 and half inch groups with wolf at 100.  Decent accuracy is quite possible...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's built on a Polish parts kit, then it'll be 3-4". Heck, my Polish with an S curve bent barrel gets 5".
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, consider my case a one-off odd ball.  It's a SAM-5S, 5.56mm, Vortex flash suppressor, deep thermal cycled barreled receiver, bolt and bolt carrier.  I handload and get routinely 1.5" @ 100M with this weapon from a rest.  It is inherently one of the more accurate AKs, but clearly the vortex and the DTC work had a most positive effect.  Without the Vortex or cryo work the weapon got about 2.5"-3.0", again with my pet reloads. Food for thought.    
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top