Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 12:40:14 PM EDT
I just picked up in a trade several magazines. Most are Chinese or European, but one was a ribbed 30 rounder made by USA.  I know their AR mags are crap, how about this one?

It looks so different in the front I am not even sure how it will lock in.  It just has a raised area with a small hole.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
USA mags are hit and miss accross the board, I have bought several 30 round SKS mags from a dealer that I know and he will guarantee that anything that I buy from him will work.  Well about 50% of the USA mags I have bought from him, I have had to return and excange for failure to feed and stove pipes
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've a few 55rd AK USA steel mags. I find that they operate to 55rd capacity. The 30rd steel mags are identical to the Chinese. They will even take the chrome followers (the 30s that is). Really,I've no complaints!
Actually-the worst place you can buy a mag., is at a gunshow;the best place is from a local retailer/or someone that will guarantee their function. Sportman's guide had 55s for sale-"one hell of a bad batch" They wouldn't even load to capacity!!  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Acctually, I work with a gun show dealer. .

I do know what you mean though, no offense taken.

I will try it out, it might make a good spare range mag.  If not, it will be bullet fest fodder.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#5]
obershutze66-
.... and I didn't mean to flame the retail weapons' dealers here. If you know him, he's probably your best bet!! I was referring to those that dump their merchandise without the least care!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
obershutze66-
.... and I didn't mean to flame the retail weapons' dealers here. If you know him, he's probably your best bet!! I was referring to those that dump their merchandise without the least care!

I know what you meant, I just had to have a little fun with you.  You are right though, there are many dealers as you have decribed, and they do give many other dealers a bad rep.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never come accross an AK 30 rounder. Bt the SKS 20 & 30 round mags have worked great for me.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top