Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2006 5:50:07 PM EDT
love this damn movie, seeing it for the 5th or 6th time now.

The zombie killing dreams will be good tonight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Best zombies, along with new Dawn of the Dead. I'd hate to fight those fuckers.....

I like my zombies like NOTLD.....slow as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Best zombies, along with new Dawn of the Dead.

The critters in 28 Days weren't really zombies in the classic sense (i.e. animated corpses), were they?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
no they weren't,  they were "infected".
could be killed normally without  having o shoot  them in the head.

ymmv
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:34:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Best zombies, along with new Dawn of the Dead.

The critters in 28 Days weren't really zombies in the classic sense (i.e. animated corpses), were they?

Yeah, I know, but even still, same same if you ask me, sub-human crazed and dazed, people "infected" or "non-dead", whatnot, coming to bite you or eat your brains, with a defficiency in intelligence, blah blah blah.

Either way, makes for a good time with an AK, an 8 pack of mags, and a spare case of ammo in the trunk.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:29:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Either way, makes for a good time with an AK, an 8 pack of mags, and a spare case of ammo in the trunk.hr

I like your thinking, an ak, a dozen drums, and a couple 1000 rds. hehe
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#6]
That was a great movie right up to the point where they met the soldiers. Then it did a 180 and turned to utter shit.  It was so bad that half way through production they made story boards for a completely new ending that would have eliminated the soldiers altogether (it's in the DVD extra features).

I guess I just couldn't believe the British Army would loose all discipline in 28 days. Or that men would cheer about an infected getting blown up by a mine when they just got splattered with that person's infected blood.

If you want to watch a good short zombieish movie watch this one. Then turn it off when they meet the soldiers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That was a great movie right up to the point where they met the soldiers. Then it did a 180 and turned to utter shit.  It was so bad that half way through production they made story boards for a completely new ending that would have eliminated the soldiers altogether (it's in the DVD extra features).

I guess I just couldn't believe the British Army would loose all discipline in 28 days. Or that men would cheer about an infected getting blown up by a mine when they just got splattered with that person's infected blood.

If you want to watch a good short zombieish movie watch this one. Then turn it off when they meet the soldiers.

Have to agree with this 100%
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Well..........

I'm hearing you. But I really think if America was as small as the UK proper island. And most of it went to shit. And there was like no one left. Who knows.......?

And dude. we are talking about the British.............lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:13:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Yup, good movie if you turn it off when they meet the soldiers.

A bicycle courrier taking out a squad of Royal Marines ruined it for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]
what about land of the dead.  romero's new one.  as good as the newest dawn of the dead?  
went to try and rent it at the local blockbuster and they said they didnt have it.  said blockbuster was in a tiff w/paramount and paramount wouldnt let them have the movie to rent out.  wtf.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what about land of the dead.  romero's new one.  as good as the newest dawn of the dead?  
went to try and rent it at the local blockbuster and they said they didnt have it.  said blockbuster was in a tiff w/paramount and paramount wouldnt let them have the movie to rent out.  wtf.

Land of the dead sucked major super ultra mega ass! DO NOT SEE IT! Waste of your time completly. It was total trash and ultra BS the whole freaking movie!
Whoever saw it plz back me up because you also know its trash.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]
RE: 28 Days

It's because 'guns are bad, m-kay?'

The soldiers had guns, and they became corrupted, violent pedophile rapists because they were exposed to those evil guns.

If you noticed, the heros in the movie wouldn't use guns for any amount of time, they didn't even take any with them when they had the chance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:46:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, there's actually another arfcomer that loves this movie besides me.

I stopped asking about it when the zombie snobs explained to me it's not a real zombie movie, blah, blah, blah.

Wow, what expert critics we have here.

The Soldier part of the story pretty much made the movie.  Yes, homeboy took them out, not directly though, their own crazy desires took them off guard, and the few infected finished them off.  

It's a good movie, probably the best of it's type.  And again,

It came from britain.

I loved how the movie showed how defenseless a society is when it can't arm itself.  Served them right.

And LOTD was a good movie in my opinion, not as good as 28, or DOTD, but still good in it's own right.  I bought a copy off ebay recently.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Resident Evil, the Apocoplyse, smokes this movie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Land of the dead sucked major super ultra mega ass! DO NOT SEE IT! Waste of your time completly. It was total trash and ultra BS the whole freaking movie!

i'll back yea.
it was very bad.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's because 'guns are bad, m-kay?'

The soldiers had guns, and they became corrupted, violent pedophile rapists because they were exposed to those evil guns.

If you noticed, the heros in the movie wouldn't use guns for any amount of time, they didn't even take any with them when they had the chance.

you know, I think some of you guys over analyze movies in an attempt to figure out their gun biad.  It's just a movie.  I don't think the writer was saying that guns made them corrupt or violent.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I loved land of the dead.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#19]
"28 Days Later"  was a Great movie . Very well done acting and cinematography . Story was great as well even the part with the soldiers . Look at NOLA it only took a few days for that area to fall apart and fall into Anarchy .

Yeah "Land of The Dead" was pretty poor . Parts were good but overal very poor . If Hopper is in a movie it usually blows .  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 100
The cheesy factor was definitely there
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]
do yourself a favor and watch:
night of the living dead (1968 and 1990)
dawn of the dead (1978)
day of the dead
return of the living dead
nightmare city
gates of hell A.K.A. City of the living dead
Zombie (must see)
The Beyond

i am a horror and zombie movie buff
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#22]

it was a good movie.

take it or leave it.

they're making a sequel, although it's by different writers and a different director.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually, if I had the opportunity to take an SA-80, I'd probably leave it behind too.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have to agree with this 100%

+1, only that I did not even really like the first half that much.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I wouldn't pick up an SA80 either, they're POSs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't pick up an SA80 either, they're POSs.

but they worked in the movie
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Land of the Day was classic. If you try to fit it in with the Dawn remake you'll be dissappointed. If you watch it with the broader sense of romero's other movies it fits just fine. Its a campy b-movie.

If you ever get a chance to see "Redneck Zombies", do so. Low budget. Hillbillies get infected when they recycle toxic waste drums to use in their moonshine still. Then one of them drops acid. Its a great flick.

My wife's fear of Zombies is the only way i can justify owning a gun to her.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#28]
DUDE!

If you guys wanna puke.........pure zombie gore flick!

ZOMBIE

also known as

ZOMBIE 2

Lucio Fulci's movie.

Fucking gross. Like Doctor Butcher M.D. style......fuck yeah!

Remember I said it.
And I think it had tits in it.......... sorry.... I like boobies
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Yep that MAG/240 rocks!

Carried that pig for years.........

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#32]

And why walk when you can ride?

Had to. I was a weapons platoon Marine, in a regular company. Not weapons company(they rode) Walk everywhere  you go.

Now that I'm in the Army. They take trucks when it's blocks away......heh heh
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Although 28 Days was excellent I have to agree the Zombie is the grossest.  it's an older movie and can be hard to find.  But in all honesty, my all-time favorite zombie movie..."Shaun of the Dead."  good zombies and funny as hell(if you like Brit humor.)  If you haven't seen it, rent it!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#35]
A really great and funny flick is "Dead Alive", its from new zeland, and the production quality is great. Its by Peter Jackson( new king kong, and the lord of the rings director). The new kong movie has a quaint reference to Dead Alive in the beginning of the movie.

They must have used several tractor trailor loads of fake blood. There is a scene where the hero straps a push mower to his check and just starts walking through the zombies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
... But in all honesty, my all-time favorite zombie movie..."Shaun of the Dead."  good zombies and funny as hell(if you like Brit humor.)  If you haven't seen it, rent it!!

+1 on Shaun. It takes zombies to make Brit humor work.  So many good scene in that one. Like when they find the gun and can't shoot worth a crap.  My favorite line is "Lots!".
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I just saw Shaun of the Dead for the first time.  Righteously hilarious!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top