Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 9:29:55 PM EDT
OK SOG has the cool looking 22 cal training ak for around $250 and for another $50 I can get the real deal. I have a few 22.cal rifles (one Galil 22.cal)and only one 7.62x39 (norinco sks) I like the black synthetic stocks of the trainer but also the wood of the standard AK.

I don't have the money for both right now. I know mags are going to be hard to get for the trainer (ony 10rd) and 7.62 ak stuff is everywhere.

If you could only have one what would you get?

I have a few ARs and want to make the transition to AK (it is on my must have list) I have been searching the archives on the 22 training rifles and they look pretty cool.

so far my + and -'s are

Training rifle +'s
$50 cheaper
cheaper ammo
quieter to shoot

-'s
10rd mags
hard to find/expensive mags

7.62x39 +'s
the real deal
cheap mags/drums
good for SHTF & home defense

-'s
now expensive ammo
$50 more

I need help...thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
MORE POWER MORE FUN! Easy Decision!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
[size=4]The regular Romy WASR rifles are much more functional than the .22 trainer.  I have both and while the 22 trainer is kind of a cool variant it is not all that reliable.  I think it will disappoint you.  Go for tyhe real deal.  Maybe later after you have owned and maybe tinkered with the full size AK you will get one of the trainers.  Just my .02 cents.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks all I just bought (waiting for it to get to my ffl) A Romy built on a Ewbanks receiver and it has KVAR green nato length furniture. Yea I guess if I want to plink with a 22. I can use my Galil trainer (don't shoot it that often)
can't wait to get it

but I will have to get a more traditional one (wood furniture) soon as I love those too...
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top