Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/18/2003 6:26:23 AM EDT
I was cruising thru Tapco's web site and I came across some 20 round tanker mags. Anyone have any experiance with them.

www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=MAG0610&back=yes&dept=155&last=73

Despite what some people have said I have always had good luck ordering from Tapco.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Get some. I've ordered some from tapco and later some from AIM, and have been happy with both. I use my AK for a variety of things, and keep 20rounders loaded with softpoints and 30 rounders loaded with FMJ's or HP's. I have a need to use different ammunition types and the difference in magazines allows me to tell the difference between them very quickly. The 20 rounders will fit nicely in USGI pouches or any pouch designed for an AR magazine, but because of the thicker construction it usually allows one less mag to be carried than if it was an AR, i.e. 2 AK's in a 3 mag USGI pouch. The 20 rounders balance and swing better, have a lower profile, thus are better for shooting prone for some people, plus I like the lower profile anyways as the less weight makes it that much handier. Once people get them they seem to like them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
What were these Magazines used for at one time? Were they used in tanks, them being smaller made them easier to store.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I just received 15 of them.  Based upon my intitial tests...I love them.  

No feed problems and a nifty bag to boot.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably issued to crews of armored fighting vehicles because the shorter mag made the AK easier to maneuver in the tight confines of hte AFV.

I think it was that and the AMD-65 has a forward pistol grip. its easier to load a 20rder than a 30rder especially in a stressfull situation. i could be wrong just speculating.

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top