Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:16:26 AM EDT
I have recently purchased a 1st model reciever underfolder kit with one notable exception. There is no barrel trunnion unfortunatly-anybody know where I can find one?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:29:31 AM EDT
there are only a handful of T1 kits in the USA, no complete trunions (which include rails) or suitable receiver jackets. Your threaded barrel however will fit threaded Firing line milled receivers, or you could (gasp) turn the threads off and make a psuedo T1 on a stamped reeciver. The T1 kit is typically more for novelty/collector value. Do you have pictures of the kit? You don't even have any sheet metal from it, or any of the receiver stub?

-C
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:35:19 PM EDT
No, it came from a friend of mine I was planning on doing a 1st model rifle for my collection (I carried one for a few weeks a few years back, that was basically unissued). I am not sure where he got the kit from, It is in Ok condition. I'll have to hope sooner or later one will show up. I just want to get a reciever shell and see if it is feasible to re-make I have a few firearms skills. I don't have pics. of it yet-it is in my storage shed and I am abroad for abit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:17:06 AM EDT
There is a type I kit for sale on gunbroker.com in absolutely horrible condition with a 275.00 starting bid. Unfortunately the rear trunion seems to be missing. The front trunion is intact, albeit rusty as heck like the rest of the kit. I put some serious thought into bidding on it until I saw that the rear trunion isn't there. Having someone build a receiver to fit the trunions would be awfully expensive, but I imagine it could be done for the right price.

Galland
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:57:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Galland:
There is a type I kit for sale on gunbroker.com in absolutely horrible condition with a 275.00 starting bid. Unfortunately the rear trunion seems to be missing. The front trunion is intact, albeit rusty as heck like the rest of the kit. I put some serious thought into bidding on it until I saw that the rear trunion isn't there. Having someone build a receiver to fit the trunions would be awfully expensive, but I imagine it could be done for the right price.

Galland

Galland, the rear trunion was indeed missing, but it was likely an underfolder. I am the only guy I know of that has an actual fixed stock T1 kit in the US....In either case, fixed or folder, even if you did get the trunion out of it, the 6 rivets have to be perfectly masaged into the shell so you don't hardly see them when blued. THe front trunion on the other hand isn't like an AKM trunion, it is much more extensive, partially composing the front rails too. The receiver jacket is very thick gauge metal too. All T1 parts kits are going to be cut, meaning that rare full trunion piece will be destroyed in some way.

-C
Top Top