BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:31:14 PM EDT
www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=212

There it is..

I have some questions..

I'd like to get a bipod for this... Does anyone use a bipod on their AK and does it mount to the bayonet lug like the RPK?

I realize this one doesn't have a bayonet lug. Will I need to change to a Front sight block with a Bayonet lug to fit a Bipod?

Are there any aftermarket bipods that fit like the RPK bipod but use their own mounting system?

My final goal is some kind of PRK style bipod and a Cobra sight. I can't afford an RPK but I really want one so I'd like to eventually build it into a RPK look alike with a standard length barrel,

maybe RPK funiture (Or vepr) too if it will fit.h.gif
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
A better start would be to buy a RPK parts kit or a 20" Saiga(and have it rebuilt to a RPK clone)

On the WASR you have on your list you would have to change out the barrel to a longer one, Kvar sell RPK74 barrel assemblies. But they don't come cheap.

Good luck on your project
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking of keeping the standard length barrel and finding a bipod to use...

Anyone know if the RPK funiture will fit on the WASR?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The buttstock of an RPK will fit a stamped receiver, original RPK handguards will require some fitting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top