Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 2:39:08 PM EST
Go ahead, tell me why i should NOT buy one of these for my 74. I have always wanted one and Ive been getting kinda sick of iron sights lately. I dont really want a 1x red dot so i think this is my best option. I have read all the FAQ's and pages on this so i know its a nice piece.

Basically what im stuck at is, why should i buy one instead of saving the $ for another rifle. At the same time i would love to pick up an M70, another AMD-65 or a Polish 1960's Milled AK.

Were optics really a game changer for the AK when you bought your first?

I am all about rounding out my AK collection but i have NO optics besides what came with the PSL. This is what i have as far as AK's go:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:35:47 PM EST
I posted some good info on the Kashtan in the "Which ACOG for 5.45" thread. I like using irons, good optics on any rifle is a force multiplier. Your hit probability will greatly increase and I look at the Kashtan as an investment. Your cash, your choice dude.

Here's a picture to motivate you. Keepin' in real with the SGL31-94 yo!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:40:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/23/2012 11:41:39 AM EST by TX-Zen]
Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:

For me yes.

When I hit steel at 600m with PO 3.5x21P and SLR105 it was pretty amazing back then. I'm decent to about 400m with 5.45 irons but Kashtan and other optics make a nice difference at longer ranges.

+1 on going for one, they hold value well.

I'm sure something in your collection would like to have a Kashtan

Z
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:37:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/23/2012 12:37:37 PM EST by ZEROTHOMAS]
Originally Posted By TX-Zen:
Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:

For me yes.

When I hit steel at 600m with PO 3.5x21P and SLR105 it was pretty amazing back then. I'm decent to about 400m with 5.45 irons but Kashtan and other optics make a nice difference at longer ranges.

+1 on going for one, they hold value well.

I'm sure something in your collection would like to have a Kashtan

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/Optics/1P78-Kashtan_AKSU.JPG

Z

Yeah ive been thinking about it more and more and i really want one. Looks like Kalinka Optics is out of them but i still see them up on the boards from time to time. If i go this route i plan on having one by the end of December. The only one it will go on is the AK-74 since my Krink does not have a side rail mount.

Kinda wish it was black though lol
Top Top