Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 3:49:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:57:03 PM EDT
It didn't sound like he was in fear of his life or serious bodily injury.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:01:55 PM EDT
Idiots.

Just a bunch of hillbillies with too much time on their hands.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:05:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dragunov:

... and fired several shots into the ground and in the air, hitting VanLaningham's truck with one bullet.

and the restitution of $2,510.29 for damage to VanLaningham's truck ...

How does one AK round do $2500 to a truck anyway?  Engine hit?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:17:00 PM EDT
What was his ARFCOM moniker?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:37:57 PM EDT
What, and this VanLaningham character didn't get ANY charges against him?  Ridiculous!

Granted what the guy did was unwise.   Does anyone know if 3rd degreee assault will permanantly disable him for life regarding firearms?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:33:30 PM EDT
Since he was sentenced to 4 yrs that means it is F assault, not M assault. As such he is a convicted Felon. No more guns for the kid.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:05:06 PM EDT
his big mistake was going after them ....... if he had waited for them to come back on too his property, then the " in fear for his life" rises, then no problem,  once he went after them, he becomes the persuer  and is at  falt .  sorry about the thing ...........live and learn.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:05:15 PM EDT
He got screwed, but at least he got off light.  Mistake wasn't going after them but going after them and shooting.  I would have gone after them with cell phone in hand and armed and shoot only if in fear of my life.   I have just as much right to be on the road as anybody else
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:15:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
He got screwed, but at least he got off light.  Mistake wasn't going after them but going after them and shooting.  I would have gone after them with cell phone in hand and armed and shoot only if in fear of my life.   I have just as much right to be on the road as anybody else

Which would have put you in jail in the majority of states had you been forced to shoot after chasing after the bad guys.  Duty to retreat and all.

Note: This doesn't apply in Florida anymore as of two weekends ago.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:33:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

Which would have put you in jail in the majority of states had you been forced to shoot after chasing after the bad guys.  Duty to retreat and all.

Note: This doesn't apply in Florida anymore as of two weekends ago.

Wouldn't that apply to the people shooting at me too?  They have the same duty to retreat.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:36:34 PM EDT
I agree that he got what was comming because he shot first and was not fired upon, but seriously people cant go around following peolple and scaring them and think they are going to get away with it.....he deserved to get his car shot up....I bet he doesnt follow anybody home anymore.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:23:45 PM EDT

Just a bunch of hillbillies with too much time on their hands.

Thats why i keep a couple of sets of banjo strings and some glass beads
in the car with me.  Great stuff to give to the locals and it
keeps them amused while you make a hasty escape from any situation you may be involved in.

KyARGuy
Top Top