Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2015 7:49:02 PM EDT
looking to spend $500 on an Ak so beat up and have it appear as one of the "battlefield pickups".

What's the best Rifle for this purpose?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:03:52 PM EDT
SAR-1

You are wanting ultimately an AKM if your desire is a 1970's 7.62x39 rifle.

For example:

1969 Tula - from the stottman collection
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:10:47 PM EDT
1976 Tula

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:45:16 PM EDT
WASR, soviet akm furniture, and then the driveway treatment is the best bet, you'll have to spend a little more than $500
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:55:31 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
SAR-1
View Quote

That'd be my vote too. So far as I know everything on the rifle was literally patterned after the AKM. Romanian designation with the happy stuff was the md. 63.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:10:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
WASR, soviet akm furniture, and then the driveway treatment is the best bet, you'll have to spend a little more than $500
View Quote

I have a wasr coming from atlantic but with the stupid side rail it will take more than a driveway treatment to be what the op wants
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:51:29 PM EDT
A Maadi would fit the bill nicely (Not a MISR 90 though). The Maadis have all the Soviet features. Although on a 500 budget a WASR would do but you get not dimples
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2015 3:05:36 PM EDT by mancat]
Originally Posted By filthyphil:

I have a wasr coming from atlantic but with the stupid side rail it will take more than a driveway treatment to be what the op wants
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The side rail is not incorrect for a 70s era AKM, just not that common. The rail first started appearing on "AKMN" rifles and was paired up with NSP-series starlight optic and extended flash hider, or early non-SVD POSP scope.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:15:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mancat:

The side rail is not incorrect for a 70s era AKM, just not that common. The rail first started appearing on "AKMN" rifles and was paired up with NSP-series starlight optic and extended flash hider, or early non-SVD POSP scope.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancat:

The type of side rail used on the WASR is a good bit different than the ones used on AKMN/Ls.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:58:11 PM EDT
Are you wanting an AKM or an AK47?
Top Top