Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/22/2007 6:58:37 PM EDT
Went to the range yesterday and blasted off 1900rnds of ammo at various steel swingers and paper targets out to 300yds...  Only thing I forgot was the camera...doh!

SLR-106FR  -- 300rnds of Wolf 55gr out of various 1st and 2nd gen black 30rnd bulgy mags and clear 20 and 30rnd mags.  Zero problems whatsever.  

SAM-7SF  --  One FTFeed out of 200rnds.  First stoppage ever with this rifle...Was due to a Wolf HP round that was mangled.  I noticed it while I was loading it in the mag.  I cleared the round and handfed it into the chamber.  Worked fine.

SAS-7 Underfolder  --  Zero problems out of 200rnds.

Springfield Armory M1A NM "preban"  --  Zero Malfunctions out of 300rnds.  Ammo was 1991 Chinese copper wash.  Accuracy was surprisingly good as well with this ammo.  Mags were a SA mag and a T-57 mag.

HK-91 (factory HK rifle)  -- Zero malfunctions out of 200rnds.  As usual the recoil was more harsh than the smooth M1A and noticable after 200rnds but not unbearable.  Accuracy was equal to the M1A.  Mags were 20rnd Aluminum HK...all new.

Colt AR-15 LE6920  --  300rnds Wolf 55gr.  Zero malfunctions but one failure of the trigger to reset while bumpfiring the last mag of the day.  Mags were 30rnd and 20rnd USGI.

Mauser 98K RC  --  380rnds of Romanian LPS steel case.  No problems hitting 300yd steel gong (12") with irons.

I wish I remembered the camera but damn 6 hours of cleaning sucks.....

CMS
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about the solvent but on my Arsenals I dont' use solvent because of the finish.  CLP works fine for powder and kills two birds with one stone...

CMS
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You sir, totally rock!!!.  Thanks for the report.  Damn, your sholder must have felt something.  Best.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a nice bruise...especially from the Mauser.  I was going to shoot my Nagant too but after the Mauser I was calling it quits.  I shot my SLR-106 a little more and for the first time I actually felt pain from a .223 rifle.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 4:33:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top