Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/22/2005 2:28:29 PM EDT
Is this ammo any good? I would use it for the range mostly...it looks like it costs about the same as regular wolf 7.62x39...is there any benefit to using this (on an animal/person) or what? Is it only for hunting? Would the recoil be rediculous? Would it be stupid to load out on this stuff? Am I retarded for even asking about it?

I have always stuck to Wolf 122grn FMJ, is there really any pro/con to the heavier soft point or the hollow points? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:00:59 PM EDT
I have some and can not tell any difference in recoil. about 1 to 2 inches lower impact point at 100 yards in my rig. I save it for hunting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:05:50 PM EDT
I've seen balistic gel pics. Larger wound profile than m193 5.56 @ 3200 fps. I shot a doe in the lungs (75yds) with it and it died on the spot. Bullet deformed into a large mangled flower with large chunks of jacket and lead breaking off in different directions. Left a grapefruit sized hole in the lungs. What was left was piled up on the off side ribcage. Jacket will sometimes seperate so its not ideal if max pentration is your goal. Works great on thin skined critters and shoots nice groups.

Surplus HP is nothing mor than a fmj with the point cliped off....... all they do is tumble on impact.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:27:00 PM EDT
Wolf 154 grn SP is the stuff you want for dealing with pesky four legged critters and 2 legged critters. Works great and the heavier bullet does a number on them.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:00:02 PM EDT
I notice more recoil in full size rifles but not much.

In the pistol AKs there is noticeable difference compared to 122 gr.. I notice my wrist get a little sore if I shoot too much of it out of the pistols.

It moves a 10 lb propane much more than the FMJ.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:55:11 PM EDT
My VEPR loves the stuff!

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:20:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tommy2399:
I notice more recoil in full size rifles but not much.

In the pistol AKs there is noticeable difference compared to 122 gr.. I notice my wrist get a little sore if I shoot too much of it out of the pistols.

It moves a 10 lb propane much more than the FMJ.

I can't notice any difference in recoil in my Norinco SKS.
Top Top